My Demy.. The digital Recipe Reader!


I am in love with my Demy ~for $200, I could have something that's meant to withstand the heat, moisture, and slops of the kitchen, instead of destroying my index cards & these ripped out pages of a magazine with my latest experiments in the kitchen ... Cool!


Holds up to 2,500 recipes
Viewable at two different angles
Splash-resistant and easy to clean - safe for the kitchen
View recipes alphabetically in the index, or arrange into cookbooks on the Key Ingredient website
Adjustable font size
Add multiple recipes to a "short list" - makes handling a multi-recipe meal a breeze
Three built-in timers
Conversion tool
Extensive list of ingredient substitutions

I will say the battery life is almost non existent in my device anyway but it's fine because I just plug it in. It Is fairly straight forward to navigate.

Recipes are added via the USB cable using a program that links to the Key Ingredient website: recipes have to be added to your (free!) Key Ingredient account in order to by synced to the Demy. You can share with all your friends on facebook too! There is a bookmarklet button you can add to your browser's toolbar for easy addition of recipes to your account, and for the few that aren't compatible, Key Ingredient walks you through how to add a recipe simply by copying and pasting.

All in all, I'm really happy with the Demy and glad I got it: it's made life easier (I am purging all my paper recipes. oh the space I will have when I am done:) This is definitely a great gift idea for the chef in your life.

DEMY'S WEBSITE
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner