Pregnancy Don'ts... I do.





Alot of pregnancy don'ts I believe are totally overblown reactions, of course (moderation in all things!), but when it comes to the health of your unborn baby–especially your first–you want to do no wrong. I’m a little more moderate in my views, based on all the generations before us and here are a few common pregnancy don’ts that I do.

1. Drink coffee. I did actually give it up for a few weeks in my first trimester. They smell of it turned my stomach. Now that my nausea has stabilized, I find that a half-calf cup of coffee in the morning mixed with milk and a little sugar(normally I prefer it black) pretty much makes my day. If I’m out, I’ll get a small single-shot cappuccino.

2. Eat soft cheeses. I love blue and feta cheese. I know if it's pasturized it's said to be safe. But I can't say for sure all the soft cheese i have eaten out has been pasturized.

3. Dye my hair. I don't do it often but I have 2 times so far during this pregnancy and my midwives said it's fine.

4. Change cat litter~ I have done it every single day for at least 18 years. I did test negative for Toxoplasmosis, what more do I need to do?

5. Eat Sushi. I’ve been eating it for years and never gotten sick, and a blanket ban on raw fish doesn’t really hold up in my mind to millions of healthy Japanese babies, despite sushi being an accepted part of a healthy pregnancy diet in Japan. And I find it thouroughly amusing that only 19 % of Ob's surveyed knew that sushi grade fish is flash frozen prior to slicing and that kills any parasites that are present.

6. I have the occasional glass of wine. I tell people I am pretending I am french. It's only about 1 oz. per week on either Sat or sunday evening. I make it last for at least a half hour with my baby sips! Between my hormones and anxiety I think the baby is better off with me having an occasional drink:)

What about you? What “rules” do you break while pregnant?
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner